SunDial Logo

President
   George Matto 

Vice President
   Jean-Luc Gustin

Secretary
   Kris Freiermuth 

Treasurer & Sunshine
   Betty Chisum 

Directors 
   Ron Dusek (2014) 
   Tom Hammond (2014) 
   Stoddard Smith (2016)
   Dick Vigal (2016) 

Council
   4-Officers, Past President, 
   & 4 Directors

Committee Chairs 

Webmaster
   Rod Lloyd 

Historian
   Dan Miller 

Mart
   Mark DeAtley

Membership
   Betty Chisum
                
Program
   Mary Elizabeth Harper 
            
Nominating & Elections
   Terry White 

E-Mailings
   Rod Lloyd 

Workshops
   Mike Robinson 
   Terry White
   Stephen Nelson             

Raffle & Door Prizes
   Stoddard Smith

NAWCC Bulletin Coordinator
   Kris Freiermuth 

Outside Events
   Leo & Kris Freiermuth

Chapter Event Photographer
   Josh Smith
 

TimeOutLogo
 May 2013

May Presidents Letter

 

We are racing toward the starting line- For the Pacific NW Regional that is.  Mart tables are sold out at 160 + tables of Horological items. This is a Regional not to miss.  Our seasoned committee is really showing its stuff by turning in an outstanding performance at all levels preparing for this event.  And as you know by now, we are having a live Auction on Friday evening this week.  Be sure to be there for great fun, learning, buying that special watch, clock or tool.  Don't miss the bargains during the silent auction, win great prizes at the spinning wheel and visit friends.

My thanks goes to Bill Butcher who stepped up at the last minute to join me in the presentation of topics relating to the Web at the last Chapter meeting.  Bill did an excellent job of giving us a thorough  tour of the NAWCC web site.  We all learned that there was much more to be discovered and that the NAWCC web site is a tremendous resource.

See you all at the Monarch Hotel for the Regional
Respectfully  Submitted,

George Matto, Presidentd

Pacific Northwest Regional
May 16 - 19 2013 [no meeting]


****Pacific NW Regional & Auction, May 2013****
        Registration Form: Click Here or click on "Forms" above
        Auction Rules: Click Here


June Meeting 23rd-fourth Sunday this month.  
2:00 pm Mart
2:30 pm Chapter Meeting
George Matto will present a program on the topic of Cloisonne assisted by George Poole. There will be several items including  a clock  adorned with this ancient form of art work.  Anyone with a Cloisonne item should bring it to this meeting for a show and tell session. 


NAWCC – CHAPTER 31

Chapter Meeting Minutes – 17 March 2013

 

 

The March meeting of Chapter 31 was called to order by -President George Matto at 2:30 PM at The Monarch Hotel in Clackamas, Oregon.

 

34 members and 3 guests—were in attendance.  No one introduced the gentleman, but it was mentioned he found the information about our meeting by going to the Chapter’s web-site.  The 3 guests were Mary King, Merry Lloyd, and Lyn Dusek.

 

President George Matto opened the meeting by thanking members & guests for coming. 

 

Secretary’s Report:  No correspondence was reported.

Treasurer’s Report:     Chapter Check Book             $     703.69

                                    Regional Check   “                  $10,190.45

                                    Savings                                    $11,838.69

                                                                                    $22,732.83

Membership:  2 Renewals  Bob Higgins & Rick Schermerhorn  2 possible new members (no names were mentioned)

OMSI:  OMSI would like to partner with us. They are interested in our continuing demonstrations etc. 

 

Awards:  Time Encompassing rewards to be called Watermark Awards.  Betty Chisum & Kris Freiermuth were recognized for their years of service as officer’s of Chapter 31.

 

PNW Regional:  Mark DeAtley indicated more Red Caps were needed.  George Kirkwood & Chris Loders offered their sons to assist with loading & unloading..

 

Signage: Requested.

 

Moving Registration from Lobby to “By Monarch Hall Door”

“Mart Central”

“Silent Auction” to by located at North windows of Monarch Hall

Live Auction Signage at entrance

“Clock/Watch Pick up”

“Cashier”

“Display”

 

Dan Miller indicated his group is ready.

 

Action Item:  Betty to get VISA machine.

 

G. Matto announced a request from the Ohio National had requested a donation for the National event this summer.  Bill Butcher reminded us the 2013 Budget is not completed and until it is a decision should not be made regarding this expenditure.  When the Budget is completed & the Regional expenses settled then we can look at a possible donation.

Raffle Stoddart Smith had several nice books to be raffled off.  He thanked those who had donated from their home libraries.  . 

 

Meeting was adjourned 3:45 PM

Next Meeting:  Sunday, 2 PM   21 April 2013 at the Beaverton Library in Beaverton, OR

Program will be presented by David Busby & Mike King on how to navigate the National’s web-sites.  Rod Lloyd will cover navigating the Chapter’s web-site & Newsletter.

Bob Arnold made a plea for informal Get-Togethers to share knowledge after the adjournment of the meeting.


*Remember to check your Chapter web-site atwww.nawcc31.org

 

Respectively submitted,

Kristen Freiermuth, Secretary 

Portland Chapter 31, NAWCC

==================================

NAWCC – CHAPTER 31

Chapter Meeting Minutes – 21 April 2013

 

 

The April meeting of Chapter 31 was called to order by -President George Matto at 2:31 PM at The Beaverton Library in Beaverton, Oregon.

 

28 members also 2 new members Conrad Bell & Michael Siebler,  2 guests Janet Van Dehay, & Lynn Dusek, —were in attendance. 

 

President George Matto opened the meeting by thanking members & guests for coming. 

 

Secretary’s Report:  No correspondence was reported.

Treasurer’s Report:     Chapter Check Book             $     764.57

                                    Regional Check   “                  $ 9,990.45

                                    Savings                                    $11,439.20

                                                                                    $22,194.22

Membership:  85 members was reported by Betty Chisum

Program Report:  Mary Elizabeth Program Chair would appreciate in-put from members of what they would be interested in hearing about.  She would be most interested in speaking to/about any presenters for future programs.

 

G. Matto announced Mike King had been diagnosed with Liver cancer recently.  He had begun chemo last Friday.  Terry White reported Jean-Luc Gustin will be filling the balance of  Mike’s VP term. Jean was present at the meeting and indicated he would fill the position for Mike.  Mike was going to speak to Rod Lloyd about taking over the Oregon City Museum project.

 

Action Item:  Need to follow-up on this with Rod Lloyd.

 

G. Matto asked if anyone had an update on Jeff & Mary Gonzalez?  Carolyn White & K. Freiermuth indicated they had both called them, however did not get an answer.

 

Action Item:  K. Freiermuth will follow-up with Gonzalez’s over the next few days.

 

Bob Arnold suggested extra hands for set up of the display would be needed to assist T. White  since Mike would not be available.

 

OMSI:  OMSI included us on the web-site (blog).  Be sure & check out OMSI’s web-site.

 

Regional Committee Report:  G. Matto reported the committee had me the first weekend of April.  They have been working tirelessly.  Signage is looking great.  George Kirkwood & Harold Baessler had brought samples of the stands & signs they have prepared so far for the Regional.

 

Bob Arnold mentioned he had spoken to Dick Vigal about the LA auction.  The event appeared to have been poorly planned.  Support by  Chapter 31 for this event is critical for its success.

 

Bob Arnold reported he & Charles Schubert met with Mary Dagget about the Auction.  She is working on having AM NW cover this event for us.  She also laid out a new flyer, which was available for everyone to see & take to put on public display.

 

Charles Schubert mentioned he had concerns about the Public Day.  We need people available to speak with non-member visiting the Mart to answer questions for them about clocks & watches. Charles had a clip board with a sign-up sheet attached passed around.

 

10 minute University –Bill Butcher indicated of the 12 slots on Friday & Saturday 10 have been filled.  2 are open on Saturday at 9:30 AM and 1PM.  Please let him know if you can fill them.  Remember the 10 minute University will be in the MART room, so you would not have to go far from your table.

 

Registration Report:  Mary Martin indicated she had confirmation letters for those having registered, which she had distributed.  To date:

 

                                    173 Attendees

                                    137 Tables sold

                                      80 Table Holders

                                      26 Registered for the Salmon Luncheon

                                      48 Registered for the Saturday Banquet

                                        7 Thursday Early Entry

 

Mary mentioned she would like a Pre-registration table & signage somewhere in the lobby, but not at the Registration table.  She hopes this will relieve the congestion on the main table/lobby.

 

Action Item:  K. Freiermuth will make arrangements with hotel on Monday for this to happen.

 

Awards:  Time Encompassing – Watermark Awards were presented to Charles Schubert for his long time service to the Chapter & to Terry White for his mentoring and service.

 

Red Caps Report:  Mark DeAtley indicated more Red Caps were needed. 

 

Program:  Due to illnesses Bill Butcher & George Matto presented the program.  “Navigating the National’s Web-site.”  They gave a detailed walk through with the internet on-line.  It was very well done!  Thank you guys!!!

 

Raffle:   Stoddart Smith had several nice books to be raffled off.  He thanked those who had donated from their home libraries & again reminded everyone to please check their libraries for any books not being used.  .

Meeting was adjourned 4:30 PM

There will NOT be a meeting in May because of the Regional.

Next Meeting:  Sunday, 2 PM   16 June 2013 at the Beaverton Library in Beaverton, OR

George Matto will present a program on the topic of Cloisonné assisted by George PooleThere will be several items including a clock adorned with this ancient form of art work.  Anyone with a Cloisonné item should bring it to this meeting for the Show and Tell session.


*Remember to check your Chapter web-site atwww.nawcc31.org

 

Respectively submitted,

Kristen Freiermuth, Secretary 

Portland Chapter 31, NAWCC

 



. . www.AffordableWebPages.info